Monday, December 31, 2012

December Inspirations

The year is pretty much over, depending on when you read this. I think that 2012 has brought so much change in my life, and I think it has given me a new direction on how I want to live my life and where I see myself going. I know that my style has developed during this year, and I think as a fashion design student, I am able to see where I see myself as a designer in the future. Another thing that I think that has changed for me is actually posting on this blog more, even though it happened later in the year.  I am going to post a New Years Resolutions/Goals later this week, but I thought I would keep up with the December Inspirations "favorites."

Music: Little Dragon


I know I have previously posted a song by them for Music Monday, however, this group has been on my playlist for quite some time this semester. I had heard of them prior to my new love for them, however, it wasn't until their new album "Ritual Union," that I just fell head over heals for them. There is not one track on the new album that I don't like, I even bought the whole CD, which I don't do often since I have discovered Spotify. I would definitely recommend you to check them out, and I hope you love them as much as I do. 

Movie: Moonrise Kingdom
I saw this movie later in the month, like on saturday, but I will have to say that it was quite amazing. I have no idea why I waited so long to see this movie. I think the way that it was filmed and the music choice were great Wes Anderson is going to be a director that I will keep on my radar. I recommend anyone who hasn't seen it to see it. 
Magazine: Company

So I have heard of a few UK YouTubers talking about this magazine and how much they loved it. However, since I am in the US, it is not as available for me to get.  Thankfully though, Barns and Noble, stocks Company and many other magazines from out of the country. I really like Company Magazine. It is one of the few magazines where I like to read the articles, the clothing is something that I would wear, and the format of the magazine is entertaining. It is almost like a UK version of NYLON (which I love a lot as well).

Clothing: 
This month, I haven't really been that inspired by something new. This is due to the fact that I haven't by shopping recently and at the moment, I am not able to have access to my whole wardrobe. So sadly, I can't really put anything in the section.

Christmas Presents:
I thought I would include my christmas gifts in my December inspirations, since a lot of them are going to allow me to be more creative in the future, well my major presents are anyway. My major, major present was a full sized dress form, which I got from my mom. The next present that I got was a graphic tablet, which will allow me to be more creative with Photoshop and Illustrator, since i can use it more like I am drawing instead of using the mouse pad. I can't wait starting to use it. I also got a turntable which is something that I have been craving for a while. The last gift I got was a jelly purse in blue. I just love the color. 


No comments:

Post a Comment