Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hair Journey/Challenge

For the new year, I would really like to grow out my hair and just take really good care of it. Since I am a college student, and don't have the largest budget to try out all the expensive treatments that help your hair grow long and strong, so this will be like a College Edition. I will show you my journey and the products that I love or hate for my hair and hopefully I can create a routine that I like that will help me grow my hair out.

To tell you a little bit about my hair now, it is relaxed, has highlights, and I have dyed it with semi-permanent hair dye. At the moment, I havent had my roots touched up with relaxer or highlights since August cause I don't trust any hair dresser near my school to do my hair when I am not at home.  I will be continuing to high-light, dye, and relax my hair. So I know this will be a deep struggle since I am already putting so many chemicals in my hair that are doing the opposite of what I want my hair to do, GROW.  The reason though that I have my hair relaxed is because my hair is very hard to manage when it is natural. I started relaxing my hair Senior year of High School so I was about 17 yrs old. I do straighten my hair most of the the time like once a week or twice a week if I can, but I am going to try not to put so much heat  on my hair if I can. I have already pretty much cut out the use of a blow dryer but washing my hair at night and then braiding it up and then straightening it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment