Monday, May 27, 2013

D.I.Y.__Waxed Jeans

In recent times, I have not been liking my capris cut jeans that much. They were becoming too plain. I know having a plain pair of pants is a good thing, but since the length of the jeans were not longer, I had to change them up. This is going back to my new goal of minimizing my life. Instead of getting rid of something to buy something new, I thought I would first try to revamp them by giving them a new look.

Supplies needed
-a pair of jeans
-otter wax: bought off of amazon
-dye: if you want to change the color


Step 1: dye your jeans if wanted
I dyed my jeans to a darker wash by dyeing them in black. I was originally wanting to go black, however I like that it didn't turn out that way.




Step 2: Start Rubbing on the wax
The process of this D.I.Y. is very simple, it just takes some time to get the wax on to the desired look. I only waxed the front of my pants and that took about 45min.  I was also going for a leathery look which is why I applied the wax heavily. To make it even you can take a blow dryer and soften the wax more on the pants and then use your fingers to movie it around. I didn't use the blow dryer and just used my fingers since I didn't want a perfect look.


Step 3: Let it cure
This mainly means leave it in a cool-dry place for at least 24 hrs before wearing. To clean your new pair of pants, the packaging on the Otter Wax says to just use a brush and brush off any dirt that may have accumulated. For the parts that are not waxed, if you left any part not waxed, just spot clean.

I hope you enjoy your new pair of pants and would love to see what your pair of pants/shorts look like. I am thinking of waxing my converse shoes as well, so I will put pictures up when I get around to it.

3 comments:

  1. I am debating on doing this, can you give an update on the treatment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the jeans have a really cool effect on them, but I still have not figured out a way to wash and dry these. I mean I guess I could cold wash them and then hang dry, but I haven't worn them much after that since I realized cleaning might be an issue. I might recommend hat you use a diluted gloss which could give the same effect but would be easier to clean.

      Delete
    2. I think that the jeans have a really cool effect on them, but I still have not figured out a way to wash and dry these. I mean I guess I could cold wash them and then hang dry, but I haven't worn them much after that since I realized cleaning might be an issue. I might recommend hat you use a diluted gloss which could give the same effect but would be easier to clean.

      Delete